Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fire Prevention Week

Today members of the Gladbrook and Lincoln Fire Departments visited our school to teach us more fire safety tips.
They told us about their gear and we got to see what a fireman looks like and sounds like.  We know that we don't have to be afraid when we see a fireman.

They started a fire so that they could show us how to use a fire extinguisher.  Here a fireman is demonstrating how to use it.

We got to practice using a fire extinguisher....there was no fire.

The highlight was getting to ride around town on top of the fire truck.  They had the lights and sirens going!





1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea to teach the kids to use a fire extinguisher. I'm pretty sure I was in my twenties before I was officially taught (maybe I could've figured it out on my own, but probably not in the moment I was actually needing to use it).

    ReplyDelete